Sunday, December 18, 2011

Step by step

Photobucket
^^ 

17 December was awesome! OTC Subcomm Workshop :) Spent 14 hours in school but really felt that everything was worth it, all the running around, preparation etc. Carried out by the 7 people you see above, heh heh. At the end of the day, we were all reeeeaaally tired, but I know we enjoyed ourselves a lot, just like the subcomm members. Tired's an understatement!

When I started being in SU as a subcomm in year 1 and so on, I never really imagined myself being part of otc/fo's sub-committee department (foodmin, log, prog), never. When I think about it sometimes, I really amaze myself by things that I thought I'd never do/carry out/become/think of etc. Being in Logistics really opened my eyes to a different side of the camp scene. We always think that logistics = saikang warrior. But seriously, there's so much more than what meets the eye. Being with the loggers and doing all these log preparations for these recent months, I have come to a conclusion that the subcomm departments are like the base of a pyramid. I have learnt so much from the experienced loggers, and learnt so much from the process of preparations! I am really awed by the level of dedication and commitment they have towards Logistics. The kind of experience and knowledge that they have about Log; are things that I feel are really valuable and fantastic! Am so glad that the loggers are such a fun bunch of people to be with! Will never ever be able to experience all this and gain all these insights if I didn't step into the department. I'd never realize how tough their jobs are and how much it actually takes for one to be a logger! The sense of accomplishment at the end of the day is really (Y). I have never done so much preparation and got soooo busy before the start of a camp before. As a GL and then an FA, all I did was like just "wait" for the camp to arrive and then all the action will take place during the three days.

This year, something else besides logistics department made the camp even more exciting and awesome for me - FLP (FoodLogProg)! The 7 of us are totally enjoying this FLP feeeel! :) I think it's really cool that the FLP heads are close. Am glad I have them around!

Haven't had so much fun and yet felt so tired in a long while already! :)

Am so ready to hibernate and repay some sleep debts, making 'full' use of the Sunday morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home